Saturday 2 May 2020

Motorised Rifle Squad (Soviet/PAPR)

Well a little over a week since my last post. Not because it has been a week in terms of painting (I have exclusively been doing conversions). Rather, I just didn't get around to doing photos. So last minute and basically taking this final opportunity to get a post out this week. Anyway let's get into this shall we.

Action pose for the squad. Sorry in advance for the yellow hue of the photos. I do get a couple of shots where this is less of an issue.
So back to Elhiem figures this week. These are from a Soviet Motorised Platoon (For BTR60/70/80s) pack I got. That's right a whole platoon. Plenty to keep me going. This is the first squad of the platoon which includes a marksman not in the other two squads. I have painted them up in a KLMK pattern camouflage, basis it off pictures of Soviet troops in Afghanistan. For the purposes of Oronegro they shall serve as the core of the Pan Andean People's Republic. Though their equipment is a little dated compared to their Oronegrean counterparts they are still quite formidable and well versed in both conventional and guerrilla warfare (though to a lesser extent than their local force/regional force counterparts).

While the squad lead may be getting distracted by local birds the rest of the quad gets to work.
So as mentioned there are local/regional forces. These represent the guerrilla forces and units from the constituent members of the PAPR. The former are very much like the Vietcong (guess which models will be used to represent them). The latter being more akin to the Warsaw Pact troops (again, who could possibly be used to represent these troops). These troops are also going to be roped into service in the Ororussia setting. In this case they may represent troops from the post Soviet neighbours of the region there. Although I haven't fully established the situation over there.

This squad also has access to the newer RPG18 (left), while the others had the RPG7. All squads have a RPK74 gunner (all in this pose (centre). Finally the guy on the right has a bayonet, which sadly is not fully in shot.

This squad, as mentioned, as the platoon marksman with the SVD (left). There is then only two standard riflemen, one with a bayonet above and the kneeling man in the centre. That leaves the grenadier on the right.

Shot of those figures from behind. Also the clearest photo and I have no clue how to get this consistently, oh well. This view gives a good view of their webbing too.

Finally we have the bird-watching squad leader. I call him that because of his binoculars and his clear focus of something up above.

Another view of the webbing, also a decent view of the camouflage too. It's Model Master Olive Drab, with the light parts being Tamiya Grey (I hate Tamiya paints, so claggy on brushes), with a semi-brybrush of Vallejo Rusian Uniform WW2. 
These troops will see quite a lot of action I hope, whether as soldiers of the PAPR, another imagi-nation of even the Soviet Union. Before I finish I must give a big shout out to Martin Evelyn for subscribing to my blog. Great to have you here. Hope you like what you see.

So that's all for today. I will try get out a post for next week. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, not much progress on the painting front (although I have made plenty of conversions and I have even bought some exciting new things). So we'll see if I can carry on doing a post a week or if I am finally beaten back. But until next time I wish you all good health, stay safe and have a good day/night wherever you are in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gowan, they look great! I painted some of these years ago and enjoyed the figures. I think the grenadier is my favorite pose. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. The grenadier is quite a nice pose. Most of them are pretty decent although I find the RPK gunner a little weak. Something about him gives off a lost and confused vibe.

      Delete