Friday 19 April 2019

Sculpted figure: General Atena Minervista

Hi everyone today I present to you something of a labour of love of mine. I have been working on this figure on and off for the past few months now but now I can finally present to you the figure that I sculpted and have now painted. For those interested in the biography of the character refer to this post on the Oronegro blog. The model is the third that I have sculpted, although given that it has been several years since my previous efforts this is essentially a first effort. There are certainly areas where I can improve, notably the sculpting of faces and on the detail of clothing. The figure was sculpted from an white metal armature rather than from wire which meant that the correct body proportions were already established. Still it was quite enjoyable to sculpt and very satisfying to paint. I hope you enjoy her too.

As a Minervista she originated in the unit that I covered in my last post.

the scabbard sadly broke and had to be repaired. However, despite being made from strengthened card (used super glue) I think it looks quite good.

Also for those wondering these photos were taken on our balcony. Making the most of the natural light which my camera prefers for sure.

The hair took quite a while to get, based it on a friend. She is the one who painted my nails, you may be able to see the remnants of that incident in this shot.

Also despite being a little oversized I am also very satisfied with how the grip and handguard of her sword turned out. Although in future I may get premade scabbards and swords to ensure it looks good.
That is all for today. I hope you enjoy this model. I am hoping to get some more stuff out before the end of the month. I am also working on another sculpting project but very much an on and off affair. Once again I will direct you to the post on the Oronegro blog. If for nothing else for the additional photos. However, until the next one I hope you all have a good day/night. ::) 

2 comments: