Saturday 28 March 2020

Special Forces/Mercenaries 3

Well I did say not too distant future, but the very next day? Well even for me that was surprisingly quick. Well here they are the next batch off the production line. As with the first batch, these figures were completed in part by Winttrix (Emmett). Some I have just touched up but others are almost entirely painted by yours truly.

Insert A-Team music here. Also yes that's grass growing out of the table.
So a bit more of a mix equipment wise with this lot, Elhiem figures again, although can't identify the figure on the left so if you know where this figure is from please let me know. This time around I experimented with trying to reproduce the Russian Flora pattern camouflage. Somehow this was more difficult than the British MTP, despite being only really needing 3 colours to reproduce (vs 5 for MTP). Still not overly unhappy with the results so let me know what you think. On with the pictures.

Blue jeans are popular with this crew. 50% of members recommend.

Our heroes go to investigate the giant red mug!
So first up the mystery figure. Looks like another Elhiem figure but I cannot tell from which set. If you can identify this figure and let me know that would be greatly appreciated. Also couldn't tell what weapon is being held. Looks like a very short M4, although potentially an MP5 variant. Like I said it's a bit too small to tell.  Again let me know what you think.

I did very little work on this figure. Mostly touching up where paint had chipped which included the gun.

Decided to leave this figure mostly as Emmett had painted it. Which included not painting the scarf (?) around his neck.
Figure two is armed with an RPK(-74?) and a moustache. So don't mess with him. This figure includes the second attempt at painting flora which was admittedly very halfhearted. Otherwise I quite like this figure.

He's gruff, tough and he's had enough of your BS.

Good view of the camouflage painted on his back, nothing like Flora but it looks like camouflage so it stays.

Took me ages to decide what colour his beanie should be. This colour was an accident but I stuck with it.
Third figure has the least work done by me. For the most part touch-ups. Even parts which looked like they were yet to be painted I left as they were, for instance the carrier. Don't know if it was meant to be like that in the end but I liked it. This figure uses the ubiquitous M4.

Almost certainly the team leader here. Really so like the face which is of course Emmett's work.

The carrier may not have meant to have looked like this in the end but I liked the effect. Also just noticed that chip. Will touch that up pronto.

Really do like how the jeans turned out. Might do more figures with jeans.
Final figure is the sniper with the M14 rifle. This figure I tried to paint flora on, however long story short I painted things in the wrong order so it was never going to work. Can't say I am happy with the results but I will leave as is.

This figure was almost entirely painted by me. However it was quite rushed and I am not that happy with it.

The main challenge was I felt I found something good but then continuing on ended up with worse results. A very frustrating experience.

From this angle things look okay. Sadly this is one of my least favourite figures in quite some time.
So that is all for today. Will probably be quite some time before my next post. I do have some figures on the way but they are not yet near completion. Then It will be a while after that for the next batch as I will be painting figures from scratch again as I have almost cleared my workbench.

But until then I wish you all a good day/night, stay happy, stay healthy and I will see you all next time.

2 comments:

  1. So... Hulk Hogan hired himself out to some mercenary outfit did he? I daresay his hirers were glad to have him. Trouble in Oronegro? PAPR Tiger guerilla fighters raiding across the border...? Or perhaps a certain pretender to the presidency wants a little... assistance... fulfilling his destiny. Nice figures, Gowan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hulk Hogan, that's who it reminded me of, I was thinking he looked awfully familiar but I could not quite place him. Thank you for your kind words. Speaking of the PAPR, I am currently painting their regulars, well some generic soviet troops who will serve for a couple factions to be fair.

      Delete