Monday 6 April 2020

Soviet Military Police Officer

So we're still in the 80s with this one, which can be considered something of a preview. Another Elhiem figure, a Soviet Military Police Officer, in their gloriously camp uniform. In relation to the Oronegro project this figure will serve the Pan Andean People's Republic. However, as I am trying to do the uniforms as accurately as I can, he can be roped into serve the Soviet Union just as well.

Watch out, he has the high ground!
So I went with a very simple and boring base in this case, which will probably be the norm for these figures. Also, I just realised I do not have a photo looking down, which means that there's not a good shot of the hand-painted star. A detail that was quite difficult to add. Anyway on with the rest of the pictures.

So the main uniform is vallejo military green with a black wash to darken it. 

The red details are in vallejo bloody red.

The gun was done in vajello gunmetal grey with citadel mithril silver highlights.

All the other colours are my general artist acrylic with the exception of the face which is done with a vallejo face painting set.  

Sorry for the rather too many photos I just couldn't decide which to keep. 

Anyway as I said before consider this figure something of a preview.

There are more Soviets/Pan Andean People's Republic regulars to come.

And then? well maybe I shall keep that a surprise.

At this time I am not sure how many models I will get through before the lockdown ends. That being said I have prepared many for painting so keep your eyes out for more.

And final photo. This may be the most photographed single figure yet.
Well that's all for today, slowly making progress towards the other items on my workbench and starting to attach the mountain of plastic built up after my recent splurge. Not sure when you can expect the next post, really depends on how side tracked I get with the many projects on the desk.

However until then, I wish you all a good day/night.

3 comments:

  1. Super work on him, must add one to my collection

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, he's from set CWR10n 'Soviet HQ set B (MP, Female Warrant Officer, 2x Officers with pistols))'

      Delete
  2. There are many organizations that are willing to hire military officers. However, there are many military personnel who are unemployed. There is an obvious gap somewhere. Artificial intelligence

    ReplyDelete