Friday 3 April 2020

Armed Women: Rebels, survivors, criminals and more

Hello again all you crazy folk who follow this little blog of mine. Today I have something to show you, three women armed with M16 rifles. All in glorious 80s style (actually unintentional, but there you go). First thanks are in order to my friends Romany, Hebe and Aidan, who all gave my tips on how normal people should look. It has only been one week of lockdown and I have already forgotten how ordinary people dress. Oh dear. Still on with the pictures.

So bit more creative with the bases this time around, still going for a minimalist look, don't like it as much as the desert look. May just stick with it arid bases for simplicity.

Add caption
So again more Elhiem figures and there's plenty more to come. If you are upset I keep posting things from the same manufacturer please point my in the direction of others. So first up we have the figure I would have gone full Matrix theme on. Started off with the dark blue trench-coat but then couldn't commit to having a figure dressed all in dark colours. So on went the blood red pants and blue shoes, plus the white shirt. What do you think of the look?

Still having trouble with getting the focus just right but enjoy those nice and clear pants

Fortunately the blue in the trench-coat is clear enough to see in this shot, can be very subtle in low light.

Sorry a bit out of focus, take two.

Look at those shoes, those are some nice shoes.
Next figure up is more comfortably dressed. However, she is the first of the figures on which I have used some fluorescent paint! The blue parts were done in light blue, then fluorescent blue then washed. In normal lighting it looks much like any other paint, but in the sun or direct light it shines intensely really highlighting the details.

Slowly but surely improving my techniques for doing darker skin tones.

This figure had good photos on all the shots I took, which is why there are less. I couldn't be asked deleting the bad ones.

Good impression of the light and shadow caused by the washes and drybrushes on this figure.
Well if you thought that my fluorescent paint use was ill-advised well watch me double down with this next figure. Bright yellow shirt time.

The face was quite an ugly sculpt but it has painted up quite well, in my opinion.

Teal leggings, white boots, olive drab gloves, yellow shirt and red-blonde hair, quite the look

Okay now the fluorescent yellow makes itself apparent.

Too bright, too bright.

That's better. Not good in direct sunlight as I said but they are fun colours.
That's all for today. These are very versatile figures and will see a lot of use. More figures on the way. Next up will be some soviets of various stripes, after that I am not sure, going to be having to play the prepare more figures while painting others game to keep this quarantine conveyor going.

But until the next one I will wish you all a good day/night. Stay safe, stay healthy and I will hear from you all again next time.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason teal & yellow reminds me of Lea Thompson. Certainly fits in with the 80s look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, this was actually the result of asking a friend for advise on what colours to choose. Glad I asked as I am very happy with how it turned out.

      Delete