Tuesday 18 August 2020

German UAV Operator in Multitarn

So this is something of a preview, something of a first look. I have a bunch of modern and cold war Germans that I will slowly get around to painting. Now for the modern Germans I wanted to go as modern as I could, but also as interesting as I could. As such I have decided to paint these miniatures using the Multitarn pattern of camouflage that has not (yet) been adopted as standard.

Given this is a sneaky look at something we'll encounter later what could be more appropriate than a UAV operator?

This pattern is basically the classic Flecktarn pattern but using the, very popular, Multi-Cam pattern colour scheme. I want to take this moment to say a big thank you to Youtuber SIC, whose Flecktarn pattern video tutorial was invaluable for me when painting this miniature. Now why use this specific pattern? Well the joy of these Multi-Cam inspired patterns is that they are supposedly usable in multiple terrains (hence the multi in the name). Which means that these figures can also be used in a variety of terrains. Now obviously there's a flaw in my thinking: If the Bundeswehr does not adopt this pattern these figures will not be usable at all! Not to worry, these figures will still be useful to represent Orotinia, the neighbour of Oronegro and the brainchild of Archduke Piccolo. I highly recommend his blog as well.

This photo was taken the same day as the previous zombies, expect more content soon from this photo shoot. ;-)

Now something I was not too happy with was the wash I used, I decided to add one, which I usually do not do for camouflage patterns, instead using painted shading in tight places. I think the wash reduces the contrast a little too much.

Another slightly different thing I did was add a painted camouflage pattern on the gun, again the wash has reduced the contrast of the pattern that I am not too happy with.

On the bright side I got to try out this Multi-Cam painting set from MIG. Have to say I am very happy with the paints.

This figure was quite the joy to paint and I look forward to painting more of these Caesar figures.

Well that's all for today. I hope that you like this miniature, if you have any tips please let me know as I can use those in the future miniatures. I do have quite a lot on the workbench and in the "production line" so there'll be some I need to clear off before I can get stuck into the rest of the Germans.

But until next time I hope that you all are safe and healthy. I wish you all a good day/night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gowan -
    Like the camo pattern. I'd use it whether or not the Germans adopted it officially. Looks good. Oh, and thanks for the plug!
    Cheers,
    Archduke Piccolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very partial to these Multicam derived patterns myself. Plus the thought of a pattern applicable in multiple environments sounds like the perfect thing for someone who doesn't want to plaint multiple miniatures for both woodland and arid environments. Get one that does both and you only need the one.

      Delete