Friday 28 August 2020

Survival of the oddest?

 Well another small update, just a few figures to show, but plenty more to take photos of. These are  two figures from Alliance's Survivors (Antizombies) and one from the Stalker (set 1). This figure is the same pose as the one from this post. As you will see I have made some "minor" changes. I hope that you enjoy these pictures I hope to bring you more soon.

Adventurers we need you! To dish up justice, to knock it out of the park, to, um, to put many holes in things?

Actually I think you other two can go home. I am sure the big guy has got this?

I must say that the fighting chef seems to be a favourite amongst my friends. When asked who would be their pick for a character he was a consistent first choice!

So let's take a look more closely at this conversion. A dark and sinister twin to the previous figure. While the other figure could have been a heroic saviour, or a pretty run of the mill action hero, this one is more likely to play the villain, the tooled up henchman or final boss.

Right off the back, my misgivings. The contrast on the camouflage did not show through well. While being dark, mysterious and threatening there's not enough contrast (mask aside) to really make the figure pop. Especially after the varnish (I am improving at varnishing figures to avoid this).

As for what I love, it all works together. The exoskeleton, made from bits of wire and greenstuff, looks like it is meant to be there, the helmet was a joy to sculpt and looks very good and the mask is correctly proportioned which is hard to get right I have found.

At the end of the day not my best work, not my worst. But certainly a good antagonist to role out against our heroes.

Speaking of heroes, I hope to bring you some very soon. I have been using the time gained by working from home to get more done. I now have quite the collection ready to share with you so watch this space.

In the meantime I wish you all a very good day/night. I look forward to hearing your comments and seeing what everyone else has been up to.


2 comments:

  1. The exoskeleton + minigun looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, it was very fun to put together, a little complicated getting the wires to sit just so, but rewarding when it all came together. Thanks :-)

      Delete