Wednesday 13 February 2019

Some sculpting... a work in progress post

Yes yes I know I do have a work in progress blog, well whoops I guess. I just wanted to show that I am indeed still working on some stuff. Indeed I am working on quite a bit of stuff. However, these are rather special so I thought why not make a post about them? I have some Oronegrean Cazadores as well as the two other figures I am currently sculpting. I hope you will enjoy them

Here they all are with an Airfix AWI American to compare for the Tricorns. I have used a variety of different styles to keep up the variety

Two of the figures have brimmed hats with one side turned up. I felt that the Cazadores (hunters) would have a little more variation than the standard Oronegrean infantry

Also with these shots you get a bit of a sense of where I live given the view from the balcony.

Another couple of figures have these tassled caps. I thought would be an interesting thing to have. Quite happy with how these turned out.

Sadly hat to switch to using a towel for the background as the camera was not cooperating.

Finally an update on the two figures I am sculptung. Not too much progress to report but I am getting the clothing done on one and I have got the base for the head on the other.

Still a lot of work to do but going well do far.
Well that is all for today. All going well I will have a post with some nice completed figs done by the end of the week. Can't make any guarentees though. However, where there is a will and all that. I hope you are all having a good day/night. ::)

5 comments:

  1. I once tried sculpting tricorne hats. It dod not go well. Your efforts are way better than mine. The tasselled fezzes make a fine variant. I have a small unit of similar fellows - you might see them in one of my Gatonegro War of Independence battle accounts from last year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit these are second perhaps 3rd generation tricornes. The earlier ones I replaced were very innacurate and too large by far. Some figs still have those old ones and they are likely to appear in some future posts. Took me basically figuring out how to make a tricorne hat to really appreciate how to shape them properly. (got a big floppy womans hat that I can easily fold up the sides of, perhaps one day I shall make a tricorne out of that haha). Oh yes and I do remember those tasselled figures in the Gatonegro posts, I think that must have been what inspired me, was trying to pin down where I had seen some.

      Delete