Tuesday 26 March 2013

both sides of the law!

well after the fun of tank week I seem to have got the joys of illness week :-( started out with a stomach bug and has ended up a a flu like virus that is ruining my week... still I have to stay positive and models help with that!
Fist up the mob!!!
How much cooler can you get than the old style mob... actually there are many ways but for the sake of not getting killed in a drive by lets say there are none!  below are pics... first of the hit men and then of a mob girl and an unfortunate bystander.
the Mob played a strange roll in the Rebellion... their power was undermined by the Soviets, who took control of nearly the whole illegal arms trade crippling the mob. the Mob was still no friend of the government but more often than not the lawless rebels found themselves at the wrong end of the mobs guns.
the hit men, Tony, Tony, Tony and Tony..... I stated painting these guys ages ago but never finished them until last week!

NOW LISTEN UP!!!!!! ABI my sister started the painting on the girl. she chose the colours I finished the figure... the man I painted a while back... I think he is a motorcyclist.... he is a figure from Esci's NATO ground crew.
I like this guy... on the front of his T-shirt it says Al Fin and on the back it has this cool pattern! unfortunately it looks like he's got himself into a bit of trouble.

 NOW for the cops!
I have seen these figures painted before by Emmett (Winttrix ) over on his blog and I decided I would copy his technique of writing Pol instead of police on the shields... its simpler and it means these guys can be police in any number of countries. actually not seen or heard anything of him in a while... any one managed to stay in contact?
Anyway here is Oronegro's Riot Police. armed with pistols these men are not really up to facing rebel insurgents but if they come up against an angry mob they should be up to the task of controlling it.
they may not be very important in the big scheme of things but these men are still ready to fight, but perhaps not die, for the nation of Oronegro

codes on their back EA and PA are little more than personal identifications A stands for their unit and the first letter who they are from that unit.

they move in on a building... ready to brake in and take out some crime lord!
Well there we are guys! another post. BUT ANOTHER TANK IS DONE AND READY TO BE SHOWN.... it will be in the next post!

have a nice day/night guys

16 comments:

  1. Nice work Gowan, good idea with the NATO ground crew guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good work and choice of figures Gowan!!
    from witch set is the girl? a nice figure!
    same question for the policemen...

    (sorry that I didn't post comments since a long time: sometimes I've missed them or didn't take time... shame on me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK the Girl is from the Caesar WW2 Resistance set (older one) and the Police are from the Modern Special Forces of the world set.

      don't worry about not coming here to often, out of the 60 followers of this blog you are one of the few regulars.

      Delete
  3. Nice work. Those mobsters are still very classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks... I thought they would look better classy, nobody likes a dirty, unclean mobster.

      Delete
  4. Oooh I like those figures. The poses are just great and you did a great job of painting them up and putting them in vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anne oh those are not Vignettes they are merely my city street boards, very useful for things such as this. please remember that little Abi started the girl poor girl seems to have been forgotten by everyone.

      Delete
  5. Nice and unusual figures...
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them. At first I thought they might be the Red Box gangsters, but after looking at PSR I see that they are the Caeser WWII Underground resisters. Nice work. Tony Bag o Donuts would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I have looked at the set of Red-box gangsters but its a bit dated... though I think only the police need to be terribly modern.

      Delete
  7. Looking at the Mafia Old Boys (MOB) figures It occurred to me that the Oronegrin underworld could be as clannish as the Sicilian forebears of the US Cosa Nostra. What we could be looking at in the picture are the quadruplet brothers Vermicelli: Tony, Tonino, Antonio and Trevor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ion. certainly I think the Mob can have a fun role in Oronegro. I just called them all Tony because I was lazy your names are better then again they could all by called tony to keep it easy to remember.

      Delete