Tuesday 15 January 2019

Elves, guards and maiden

More fantasy figures although this time something a little more human. These elves come from the Caesar Miniatures set and as with the previous figures were purchased to play D&D with. These however were purchased at a different time along with a bunch of other fantasy sets so keep your eyes out for more wierd and wonderful things. These elves have been painted in a dark blue and grey colour scheme, I like to think of them as some form of guards wearing blue as opposed to other elves who would be more dressed for camouflage. I hope you enjoy.

Protecting the maiden as the makes the dangerous trip across this strange wooden plain.

Unfortunately I don't have access to fine thread for the bowstrings

The elves have an engraved pattern on their quivers. I was unable to make it out though so all the patterns are imrovised.

This guy is the only one with his hood up and perhaps he is shy?

Once again, no clue what that pattern was.

Something rather annoying about this figure is that the two ends of the bow are shaped differently. Something I could not correct.

The dark hair came out much better in the photo than I had expected.

This man has a sword out but no obvious scabard. I really should have added one in retrospect.

The dirt effect I did on these figures was a combination of dabbing paint on unevenly as well as a drybrush. I am quite pleased how it stands out against the dark blue.

Finally the maiden, I find her clothes too simple to be of a princess, I am already converting some of her sisters in the set, one into a warrior another will be more spendidly dressed.

Time to talk hair, this silvery white hair was very frustrating to achieve and it took be several attempts to finally get something I was happy with.
Well that is all for today. I also completed another fig today as part of a different group which may get some love in this blog in the near future depending of his counterparts are also finished. Will probably be a little while before the next post though due both to upcoming work (Fat Freddies Drop concert) and the fact that I don't have a nice group of models all close to completion. Still slowly chipping away at those Oronegrean figs, I promise I will post them one day. But until next time I wish you all a good day/night!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you like them. Started painting them up on a whim. Turned out well for something I hadn't given much thought.

      Delete