Monday 14 January 2019

Little Demons (D&D Gargoyels)

More fantasy figs, these were bought at the same time as the mind flayers and both with the intention of being played with as part of the D&D campaign with friends. While the set was labelled gargoyels I felt that they were a little too large to be animated gargoyels from a 1/72 building so I painted them us as little demons instead. I hope you like them.
Steel vs claw, brute instinct vs skill, will this adventurer survive his encounter with the demons?

Originally I had painted the horns gold but at the last minute I decided on a more traditional bone look.

To create the contast in tone I used several reds. While later corretions have actually taken away from the original effect the contrast does remain.

As with the mind flayers despite being pre-primed some areas suffered from paint chipping or rubbing off particularly the tails

Some vert off effects going on with the lighting as the back appears almost black. This might have to do with one of the reds I used in particular which is more reflective than the others.

The second one is in a very symetrical pose, almost as if it wanted its picture taken

I used yellow oxide paint to do the teeth. After all I doubt demons brush.

I am very glad that I switched to the whiter horns as they stand out much more against the red bodies

I had wondered about giving these guys more fancy bases but I feel the simple grey works quite well and fits in with the rocky bases the figures are on.

One more close up from the front.

Once again I hope you enjoy these little figures. Next up will most likely be some elves despite the fact that I had told myself to get some series 5 (mid 19th century to early 20th century) Oronegrean infantry complete. Ah well whater I complete next I will complete next. I hope you all have a good day/night wherever you are.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, look good on a cathedral too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Don't have a scale model cathedral. Not sure where I would put one either. Perhaps that's why these guys aren't in disguise.

      Delete