Monday 7 May 2012

solo play- protect the diplomats part2

Well I am still off sick today, which is good for you guys as I have the time to post this, but not so much for me. I'll try and remember the events as they happened. I forgot to record anything as I played. proberly should have.
anyway lets start off from where we were..
this is where we were...,
 my forces roll onto the board unaware of the ambush ahead. I decided that the cars should both have 10 armour points, and the M113 15 armour points. I also decided early on that as the M113 was designed to resist small arms fire that I would not bother to take into account the bullets from AK-47's
the enemies spring their trap. the shot up police car bolts
 as soon as I reached those cross roads all hell broke loose. the police car was badly damaged and I rolled the dice to see if it would stay and maybe the cops help out, or run away. unfortunatley they ran for it, which in hindsight may have been a good thing, a burning wreak in the middle of the road will not help me escape.
the enemies move in to trap me up at the cross roads.

just then the rebels vehicles move in, the technical is almost hit by the speeding polics car, but I decided that them colliding and killing each other would be to easy. so the police car swerved. but now the truck was in the way... the fire fight intensified up at the cross roads the tires on the black car were shot out and it could not speed away. Things were
first blood to me
 but just as I look pretty hopless. the M113 moves into position one burst of machine gun fire hits an enemy hidding behind a blown up car. I get first blood and for a long while I loose no troops to the rebels innacurate and speratic fire.
the diplomats car is halted. but my troops jump out to save them
 but lossing troops was not my main concern. I was protecting the diplomats. and they were in trouble, their car was ruined and they hit the pathment in the wrong place. right next to Mr Bean (castrae ted) him and his female acoumplace in pink moved in to pull the helpless diplomats from the car. but seeing this I realized I could do only one thing.... send in the soldiers.
the cops dodge the truck and speed away to saftey
 at that moment the polics got away. they I decided would call for help even if I lost my commander. the enermies also would also get the same chance for rienforcements. dice would decide who got aid first and how many men they would get.
the diplomats are pulled away and my men are forced to find cover.
 just then. Bean Castrae Ted pulled the diplomats from the car. if he got them off the board or into the tunnels (trap door in bar) I would loose. my soldiers scrambleed for cover as the small arms filled the street with bullets. luckily for me most of my guys were out of good range for inside urban areas and where fine. a few near misses. I also managed to injure one of their guys, then kill another. this made my position safer but not the best one.
crap they have me cornered
 the truck pulled up and the men jumped out. now my escape route was cut off. also their technical was about to fire at my M113 I had to do something...
something like that
 the M113's big gun dealt with the technical sending it tipping over and throwing the gunner onto the floor dead. more fire from it's machine gun caused other damage injuring the truck diver and making him hide under his dash board.
yes one of the diplomats is free, but can he run away.
just then back up at the cross roads the RPK hit the M113 I was releaved when the dice said that the damage was only minor. I also realised that the woman with the nearest diplomat was expossed and could be killed easily. one burst of fire realeased that poor diplomat from her cold grip. but now he had to get over to me and the APC....

I'll post some more later. I think that this was a good stage, though I might have missed some rebel shooting moments. I had not properly set up a turn system either at this point so my work was odd at best. but I liked it. I was pinned down and cut off but I was still far better equipped and trained. and I knew that would keep my guys alive much longer...

losses
me

  • the police car and black car
  • control over the diplomats
  • my escape route
the rebels
  • the technical
  • 4x rebel troops (that includes the gunner)
well that is what we have so far... now onto business...
helo to JFaria from o brigadeiro & amp nice to see you following this humble little blog

5 comments:

  1. Cool game Gowan, original ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that batrep, well played Gowan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being off sick has it´s advantages :-D
    Nice little batrep. How are you doing stuff like chance/moral for the "enemy" side for solo gaming?
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys, I still feel ill, so next part (final?) one today.

    ReplyDelete