Monday 26 November 2012

Inside the Oronegrean shipyard! or..

A Peter &Paul Progress Post or a P&PPP  for short :-) anyway this type of post usually would go on the projects blog but as I am running a discussion on what to do about infantry for early Oronegro I decided to more it over here besides you all liked Anne so much that I though Peter and Paul should be documented during construction. I am not quite happy to show off the construction process of my models as it can help when it comes to making changes. Also I only just took these photos so not much has changed except some paining but if you decided to view this post several days later I recommend that you advise should be focused on Paul's construction and not Peter's. WARNING the images you are about to see show models in an unfinished state and being painted with sub standard paints those of you with extreme loyalties to Vajello paints or other paint brands should look away now :-P
Peter (background) and Paul (foreground) built by a different shipwyard to Anne but one right next door so that they have many similar features and some different ones

Paul is a little worse for wear I had to make it with the broken craft knife and then a large knife from my dads tool box as I had no alternative. so a little ragged so I think Paul will be constructed once Peter is done

this little symbol is the Mehobeck Cross, the Mehobecks were one of the first tribes the Colonials met in Oronegro. their cross is a mixture of their own monotheistic symbol the arch and the Christian cross.

A look down Peters Deck, a little dirty but I'll sort it out later.

Peters Bow... I really should have named her Wallace and Anne, Grommet because both are made from Cracker boxes :-)

a birds eye view... when the bird is flying into a boat in the hands of a giant

A comparison of the two boats

NOTE: that Peter has a different bow shape... this is because the shipyard where Peter and Paul were made thought it better than the sharp bow on Anne. However on Anne the Bow is reinforced and because of the shape means more cargo and ammunition can be carried.

a couple more details being worked on Peters guns which are of an older type to Anne's and the cabins door. both of these have been painted more since I started this post.

Oh and Anne's guns for Comparison. THANKS to Ion/ Archduke Piccolo who gave me the tip on how to make the wheels on the gun carriage.

a side and rear view. remember these are just made from bamboo skewers, paper, balsa and card of and some PVA glue and super glue - when I needed it to set fast.

that wooden thing below the mess is the dinning room table thank goodness everyone else is at work (mum), school camp (dad he gets spit roast :-( ) and school (sister)

hehe my new game... yes its old but I love it. just gotta stop cheating, I know, I know its just I like to take over the world and I have a thing for making the enemy obey historical restrictions... and if they do not I kill them.

the flags of the future Oronegrean army and navy 2 BIG ships or boats of the line and 3 smaller ones Peter and Paul and another (or a spare flag) oh and the ships of some others... the French 2 ships, The British 2 ships (note the flag does not include Ireland for historical accuracy) and Pirates 2 ships

Oh and remember how I said I broke 2 craft knife blades well I found another craft knife so I am good... note the safety is on! safety first ;-)
 Well there you have it a small update on the current boat building bonanza. I have managed to use several alliterations in this post so I am either very mad or board or both... lets hope that they are done soon and that the Peter's and Paul's enjoy seeing their ships/boats... they are boats of the line but they might be known as ships to some... I am confused.

Remember to look at my Other blogs Gowan's Projects and Crazy ideas and Oronegro's own blog for more on Oronegro and the planning and other things involved in starting this new Era... I still have that modern game to post but I might not as it was done on the bare table.

7 comments:

  1. Agreed, nice progress! Thin card, and "sub-standard" paints are a mainstay of my projects now as well. I'm painting with probably 75% cheap craft acrylics now, the only problem I've had is with coverage on hard plastic models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the only problem is those hard plastics and the occassional time that the paint does not stay put until it builds up in thich patches :-(

      but appart from that I don't understand what people have against them. a good bit of shopping around will get you a good selection of colours as one cheap brands green is different to anothers... you can get nice mixtures that way.

      Delete
  2. Your ships look very good! I am sure that the third one will look just as good as the other two once it is finished.

    ReplyDelete