Tuesday 26 January 2016

Oronegrean Artillery, and more

Oh my do I have a treat for you today. Not one but three things to display. The main focus of this post will be on the Oronegrean artillery but today was a better painting day than expected and I have managed to complete not only the artillery guys but my Bullfighter conversion and one of my militia men. I' also tried taking photos in the kitchen in hope of finding a good background, I'll let you be the judge (I can't find the black items I used before to good effect). I hope you like them. And please leave comments ;-D
All together now!
Let's start with the Artillery. These guys are re-purposed Airfix's Waterloo British Artillery. They are painted in the colours of Oronegro's armed forces, namely: Dark blue, white, yellow and pink (other colours are less common). There is a limber and others to paint but for now these guys will do for being a functional unit on the field.
The crew prepare to fire as the enemy closes in!

Ready, aim, FIRE!!!!!!

The detailing on the chests was one of the most annoying things to paint in quite some time

The guy needs something for that ramrod perhaps a pill of some kind.

The guy with the spear is meant to help protect the guns from cavalry charges they had no fixed numbers but were quite common.

I used a different way of doing the crests. Instead of 1001 coats of warm yellow a few coats of cool yellow followed by warm yellow has produced a nice and consistent crest colour

This guy is my mounted officer and the first cavalry fig since I did a modern cavalryman years ago.

I'm still working on getting the colours for horses right. Thankfully I downloaded a colour chart which should help.

And the gun itself. This gun is an Oronegrean 9 pounder. Although designs varied.
 Next up is my little bull fighter. A rather colourful character. The front of his tunic (worn for effect) has a large red stripe down the centre with blue dots either side while his back has three stripes of blue and red. Bullfighting is common in Oronegro, but it follows the style played in other parts of Latin America where the bull is not harmed in the fight rather the bull fighter tries to get the bull to charge it dodging at the last moment in hopefully spectacular fashion. I'll do a post about Bull Fighting in Oronegro on the Oronegro Blog at some point in the future

Toro! Toro! The figure is a converted Airfix Robin Hood figure. while the cape is made of paper, tinfoil and wire for the handle.

Bull fighting takes a lot of skill, nerves and quick relfexes.
Finally we come to yet another Oronegrean militia figure. This guys wearing a stylish black coat with a nice brimmed hat to keep cool. Nothing special but a nice addition to my irregular forces and a potential pirate or bandit also.

Black isn't the best choice when the sun is shinning out on the Oronegrean pampas. But when it rains a coat like this is much appreciated.

And this picture concludes this post.
 Well that's all folks. I've got a few militia on the way and some assorted figures and I've just primed up some uniformed Oronegrean militia and some foes for them to face. And of course there are boats under-way so expect more to come in the next few weeks. :-D

Hope you all have a good day/night!

4 comments: